Covid-19 Update 04 January 2022 – Offices open to the public subject to access by prior arrangement.
Safe practices - measures that continue to permit sale and rental viewings, valuations and rental inspections.
In line with the Government of Jersey’s latest instructions on the control of Covid-19, as issued on 29th December 2021 and our Covid-19 Risk Assessment, our office is open to the public subject to following the Government guidelines. A proportion of our team will continue to work remotely but each normal working day at least one team member will be working on essential issues within the building and access can be arranged by phoning the office on 880544.If you need to deliver documents out of normal hours, please use the letter box within our yellow front door at our 3 Bond Street offices. This caged letter box will be checked regularly.
We continue to be able to organise a response to essential maintenance issues, subject to following the latest government guidelines which include maintaining a minimum of 2m physical distancing from those not in the same household wherever possible. We are also able to offer our full service progressing sales through to completion.
Within the latest business restrictions the Government’s policy permits us to conduct property viewings, valuations and rental inspections, subject to following the Government’s strict guidelines as detailed below.
Prior to visiting the property:
Before scheduling viewings, valuations, inspections and work in people's homes, we will have a conversation with the occupant(s) to ensure that all parties are comfortable with the visit or work taking place. This will include contacting the tenant if the work has been requested by the landlord. If either party is not comfortable, then the work should not take place. We will be particularly mindful of both staff and occupants who:
Work within occupied households should not proceed where:
The exception to this is for emergency or essential repairs. When working in a household where somebody is at higher risk, prior arrangements should be made to avoid any face-to-face contact, for example, when answering the door. You should be particularly strict about handwashing and respiratory hygiene and should consider wearing a nose and mouth covering.
During the property visit
All necessary precautions should be taken during the viewing including:
• Maintaining a minimum physical distance of 2 metres with those outside your household wherever possible.
• Sanitising hands on arrival and departure, with the business responsible for providing hand sanitiser at the entrance to the property.
• Customers should be advised not to touch anything.
• The negotiator/property manager should wear gloves and try to ensure that only they touch surfaces, including door handles and light switches.
• The negotiator/property manager should clean anything that it has been necessary to touch with disinfectant wipes as they move around the property.
• Viewings should be no more than 20 – 30 minutes
• Wearing of face masks is mandatory.
• Any discussion between the business representative and the potential clients should take place outside wherever possible
If it is not possible to adhere to the above conditions, then the property visit should not go ahead.
Open viewings and back to back viewings
• Open viewings can take place but the total number of attendees over the duration of the open viewing (including both staff and clients) should be managed. Prior to the open viewing the business should assess how many people could safely enter the property at any one time while adhering to the physical distancing requirement, and should look to stagger entry to the property and operate a 'one in one out' policy once this limit has been reached. This also includes making sure that the viewing does not attract a gathering
• Back-to-back viewings are permitted but businesses must have processes in place to ensure that physical distancing between members of different households is adhered to.
How best to contact us during the current Covid-19 crisis.
If you need to contact us please use e-mail as much as possible.
If you wish to speak to us please call us on:
David Voak, Director on 07797725621
Mark Sinden, Lettings Property Manager on 07797 759312
Donald Meiklejohn, Sales Negotiator on 07797 753413
We look forward to being able to assist you with all your property needs and thank you for your continued support.
IMPORTANT REGULATORY NOTICE
Please note Moore Properties is a business (trading name) name for both MOORE PROPERTIES LIMITED and MOORE PROPERTIES (SALES) LIMITED. Please also be aware that MOORE PROPERTIES LIMITED is a letting agency (ONLY), and MOORE PROPERTIES (SALES) LIMITED is an estate agency business (ONLY). Concerning the activities of MOORE PROPERTIES (SALES) LIMITED [MPSL], MPSL is deemed to be a legal person (relevant person) carrying on a business described in paragraph 3 (estate agency services) of Part B of Schedule 2 to the Proceeds of Crime Law. As a â€˜relevant persons,â€™ MPSLs activities fall within the scope of the Money Laundering (Jersey) Order 2008, and it must put in place systems and controls to guard against money laundering and the financing of terrorism by Jersey requirements and international standards. Further, it should be noted the Jersey Financial Services Commission (the â€œCommissionâ€/â€JFSCâ€) is the designated relevant supervisory body under the Proceeds of Crime (Supervisory Bodies) (Jersey) Law 2008 (the â€œSupervisory Bodies Lawâ€) for all regulated and specified Schedule 2 businesses including estate agencies such as MPSL.Continue